Saturday, May 31, 2008

Quips II

Feeling a little under the weather today, I complained during dinner to YL that I felt fat. It's just one of those days, you know. After dinner, we stopped by a shoe shop to buy a pair of shoes for Sophie. He didn't help matters when he grumbled and fussed that I took too long to decide on a pair. I positively fumed for the rest of the evening.

Upon arriving home, he wisely left me to huff and puff, and to bury myself in the papers while he carted Sophie off to her shower. I overheard him instructing her to tell Mamma "the shoes are sooo beautiful" later.

A few minutes later, the two appeared in front of me with sheepish grins and chimed together, "Wow, Mamma...you are so thin!". I wasn't amused.

YL then grabbed the new pair of shoes and shoved it in front of Sophie's face to remind her of her next line. She looked at them, a lightbulb lit up in her head, she looked up, flashed a smile and said, "Wow...the shoes are so thin, Mamma!"

1 comment:

melliebaby said...

LOL!!!
And you can choose not to believe me but I'm quite sure you're slimmer than ever now. You're looking great, girl, so no need to waste grey matter over it.

Japan in Summer

By now, I have travelled to Japan 3 times, which puts it in the leading position on par with China as the country that I have visited the mo...