Sophie has started reading on her own in the past few weeks. I must say it is all due to the hard work and perseverance of her Baba, who took the effort to make phonics fun and to use it with her during her bedtime stories. He is quite proud of himself, and so am I.
If I may blow our trumpets a little, I think it’s not a bad achievement for two super busy professionals managing a household and a child on their own with no maid, no car, and no family support. (That is also why we have no social life here. And why we go to bed every night exhausted)
Anyways,… she is now reading simple sentences like “Big Pig goes on a dig”, “There is a map in the hat”, “Fat Cat dreams of cream”, etc.
I don’t know if she has just memorized the lines, or she is actually registering them as separate words, but it certainly lights us up whenever she reads!
1 comment:
*four* thumbs up!
Post a Comment