Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Happy Chinese New Year!


First, a family photo to wish everyone a happy year of the Metal Tiger!

We returned to KL for a week to spend it with family. Yiyi (aunt, or mother's sister - in Cantonese) and Yi Cheong (uncle, or mother's sister's husband, in Cantonese ... yes the Chinese have honorific titles for every member of the family) is back from Australia after being away for a year. Sophie was elated to have another playmate to indulge in her. Ju was happy to have another object to salivate (literally) after.

YL and I stuffed ourselves with all the good food whipped up by Nai Nai - big fish, big meat, as the Cantonese put it - and had to postpone our weight loss plan for another week. He said he is positively rounder after that week. I have given up on caring how I look with that post-baby pouch and just learned to live with it.

1 comment:

eileen said...

Great family pic!
Don't worry.. You are looking good :-)

Japan in Summer

By now, I have travelled to Japan 3 times, which puts it in the leading position on par with China as the country that I have visited the mo...