Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Popo is back!

Popo returned to Europe last month after her well-deserved break back home in Malaysia.  This time, she is lending her services to the two clueless, jittery, sleep-deprived zombies new parents (hahahaha.... sorry, not funny) in Italy.  

Shooting the evil Emperor Zorg of the Buzz Lightyear ride in Disneyland.  Sophie did surprisingly well.  Do not expect Popo to kill aliens.


Before heading over to Florence, Popo spent a few days in Paris reacquainting with Sophie & Ju, and also to allow YL and I out of our cage to taste and smell ...errm...what do you call it again?...you know, the thing that you take for granted before kids invade your lives.  Oh yes: freedom.  

A REAL dinner without kids fighting over utensils and waiting to be fed and eventual meltdowns.  Two full hours of adult talk, of selfish indulgence, of appreciating flavours and soft jazz music.  ...Yes, we were bored.  

View from Le Jules Verne on the third floor of the Eiffel Tower.  Here you can see the Trocadero plaza and the tourist boats going pass on the Seine.  Food was good, but probably not worth the money.  You are paying for the view and the Michelin star.

Another indulgent meal, this time in Florence.  La Tenda Rossa (The Red Tent) was promoting a white truffle menu, which I ordered.  This was baked apple stuffed with foie gras and sprinkled with white truffles.  Again, not sure what all the fuss about truffles is about, but now I can tick it off my list :P


Back to Popo's visit.  We took the overnight sleeper train that departs Paris at 7:30am and arrives in Florence the next morning at 7:30am.  It wasn't a bad experience, but don't expect too much in terms of comfort, especially if you have to share your sliver of a "bed" with a 2-year old who usually sleeps splayed.



Anyways we safely delivered Popo to two grateful, haggard zombies new parents (hohohoho...sorry, not funny).  No photos of them, coz haggard doesn't look very nice on photos.  Plus, one of them was in the same pyjamas that she had worn since she got out of the delivery ward 3 weeks ago.  The other one had always been a hopeless case when it comes to producing a non-threatening smile for the camera, so let's just not give him this challenge during this time.  

I want MORE grandchildren!

All the best to Popo and her new mission!

We shall not pass on the opportunity for Popo to make the customary Leaning Tower of Pisa pose no matter what YL says.

3 comments:

YOU and ME said...

It was not the SAME pyjamas.. I had a few to alternate...!! And I didnt look that bad in the pictures, did I? I thought Keon looked more 'charn' than me! hehe..

Lil said...

wow jules verne! yay for more travelling - seems like you're having tons of fun! and the kids just get more and more adorable :D

kruy® said...

lol, i was just about to ask, the same pyjamas?? a pyjamas is waaay much better than a sarong okay, i was in sarong for the whole month..

Japan in Summer

By now, I have travelled to Japan 3 times, which puts it in the leading position on par with China as the country that I have visited the mo...