I forgot to mention in the previous post that we also spend some weekends travelling. For the Easter long weekend, we headed across the Channel to London to meet up with some old friends and Yiyi, but it was actually a veiled excuse to gorge ourselves with decent Chinese food.
We took the Eurostar from Paris to London, a convenient 2.5-hour journey, taking us from one city centre to another.
Here's how you entertain kids on a 3-hour train ride. Toys, books and a lot of patience.
See us stuffing ourselves with real, fresh Cantonese dim sum? Paris may be a gastronomy heaven, but it is pitifully far behind London in terms of Cantonese food. We dare anyone to challenge us on this.
We dragged Yiyi, Yi Cheong and TTT on our whirlwind "tour" of London, mostly for Sophie's benefit.
Tower Bridge
She specifically asked to see Big Ben
She wasn't keen on this sight, but it was our home for 2 years, so I wasn't going to let anyone leave London without a short look-see, even on a cold, drizzling Saturday.
Same place, 5 years ago
We had a really good day out at the Kew Gardens on Easter Sunday, despite the cold wind and light drizzle. It was great to catch up with all our old kaki (companions). Kew Gardens is a 300-acre UNESCO World Heritage Site, listed because of its contribution to the understanding of botanical and environmental science.
Picnic by the lake, while fending off the ducks
Yummy nasi lemak, courtesy of Uncle Jimmy. Here we have the nasi lemak production line.
Flowers were in bloom in Kew Gardens. The cherry blossoms were spectacular. I have no idea what these are, though.
Unfortunately, we didn't have too much time (or energy) to visit the greenhouses which made the Gardens so famous. I wanted to see the rubber tree from Brazil which gave Malaysia its start in her rubber industry back in the early part of the 20th century, but I guess I will have to do it another time (if I'm lucky).
And finally, at Popo's request, here are some shots of the kids...
The boys
Everyone together now!













2 comments:
We shall attempt to take a better shot of the 3 cucus when we meet next month ya.. :-)
Happy to see my 3 lovely cucus in a photo and the apartment in London where i stayed there for 6 months five years ago, happy rememberance !
Post a Comment