I think this story is funnier if you were there in person, but here goes...
We were in the car for a short drive to our breakfast spot this morning, when Ju started to whine for my iPhone.
Mom: "No, you can't have it, Ju"
Ju: "But whhhyyyy....??"
Big frown.
Mom: "Well, we are reaching the place soon."
Ju: "But wwwhhyyy...??"
Cracked voice indicating the start of a meltdown.
Mom: "Well, it's only for...erm...special times..."
Short hesitation. Interest piqued.
Ju: "What special times?"
Mom: "Well, you remember yesterday after we left Legoland, and you were so tired that you almost fell asleep during dinner? Your eyes were almost closed, and said you could not open them? And Mamma gave the iPhone to you so that you would not sleep and finish your dinner? That was a special time!"
Everyone then joked about the occasion, and he laughed about it, and all was forgotten about the iPhone.
When we arrived at our usual roti prata haunt, and had placed our orders, and YL & I were chatting, Ju quietly leaned over to YL, squinted his eyes, and exaggerated a droopy head, and whispered, "Baba, look, my eyes are closed".
He learns fast, this boy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Japan in Summer
By now, I have travelled to Japan 3 times, which puts it in the leading position on par with China as the country that I have visited the mo...
-
Here is the long-awaited sequel to the "Only in France" post: - When learning how to count in French, it is best to simply skip...
-
We moved into our very own apartment over 4 months ago, and since then it has been messy, messy, messy, then busy, busy, busy, then lazy, la...
-
After my irrefutable conclusion at the Tate Modern in London that modern art is cr*p , we decided to give it another go, and see if the Fre...
4 comments:
hehe... he is a good example of 'pretend to be a pig to eat the tiger'
Omg! Please continue posting 'em funny Jujujokes.com please?
Yours truly,
"I don't like the fire but I like the works" number1fan.
kids indeed say (and do) the darnedest ;)
Hilarious! And I can imagine he was straight-faced and all, while saying that!
Post a Comment