Sunday, May 14, 2006

E-Bay Fever

One of the things that we were most excited about when we arrived in London was to get into the thick of UK ebay action. The Singapore scene was sedate. YL beat me to it by setting up a UK account and bidding for a new stethoscope to replace the one that he had lost in Singapore ages ago. He finally has to be a real doctor. No lah, actually, he can no longer borrow one from the nurses who sayang-ed him so much in Singapore.

I've bagged a number of bargains recently; mostly items for Sophie. New mothers hardly shop for themselves. For instance, I bought a pretty pale pink Benetton jacket for 50p and a cute Next shift dress for 20p (both excluding shipping), both in used but very good conditions. I'm so proud of myself :)


So yes, that is what I have been busy with, if you must know, trawling the listings hour after hour looking for good deals. Everyone loves a bargain - that is why e-bay is so addictive. Here, and other places where the e-bay community is formidable, you get that adrenaline kick during the last few seconds of the auction, trying to out-bid each other while pulling your hair out deciding whether an extra pound will win the prize.

1 comment:

kruy® said...

u bet! the few months b4 i left UK i had ebay fever and was ebay crazy. was on it all day long, trying to sell my stuff and buying a few things and was loging in every minute to check on the price has it gone up. exhausted man... and trust me, u can get hooked on ebay, cos it was such a bargain! like what u got Sophie for a few pence, where can find in Msia wor..

hehe... happy ebay-ing!

Japan in Summer

By now, I have travelled to Japan 3 times, which puts it in the leading position on par with China as the country that I have visited the mo...