Friday, December 01, 2006

Spot the difference

Just like old times!
On the Golden Jubilee Bridge across the Thames River with the London Eye in the background

Autumn trees. Notice the constipated look on YL's face. He didn't want to take this picture because it is so 'touristy'. Well, guess what, we ARE tourists!

Along the Thames River with St Paul's Cathedral in the background

So, have you spotted the difference in these photos? Yes, no Sophie!!!

Due to an unforseen work rescheduling, I ended up with two days of work-free, baby-free, free days. Finally! We get to do a little sightseeing around London. I spent my first day taking a guided tour of the British Museums re-visiting the Rosetta Stone, the Parthenon marbles, the Egyptian mummies, the Assyrian wall reliefs, and other world treasures. This time, I could really immerse myself into the stories without worrying about milk feeds, diaper changes, and a wailing baby.

On the second day, YL and I joined a London Walk guide to explore the South Bank area between the Embankment tube and the Waterloo station. We explored London's back streets which hadn't changed in 200 years, chatted with an old man who was beachcombing the Thames River for bits and bobs of artefacts from the past, and digested some anecdotes of the famous Savoy hotel, the popular London Eye, the eye-catching Gherkin (or Swiss Re building) and other landmarks along the Thames. Aaaa.....bliss! We are now refreshed and recharged for another round with the baby.... :P

1 comment:

misspiggy said...

OOoOOoooo... the Savoy, London... a fren paid for a room there(he was on 2 sholarships!) and the 7 of us squeezed into the most opulent room we ever stayed. Great memories!

Japan in Summer

By now, I have travelled to Japan 3 times, which puts it in the leading position on par with China as the country that I have visited the mo...