Saturday, July 14, 2007

Watch out everyone, Sophie is 22 months

Enjoying an apple while Baba indulges in a forbidden game of Sanitarium
Happy with her new desk

Watching the clouds and planes with Baba at the garden near our flat

Question: Why is 22-months old something to fear?
Answer: Because it is 2 months away from the terrible two's.

In reality, Sophie IS already exhibiting all the exasperating, every-parent's-nightmare, fearsome characteristics of a Terrible Two. Yesterday YL started to wage a psychological warfare with her, ignoring her, hoping to get her to understand why she must share her grapes when asked. As if. Today I used my most seriously-pissed-off, authoritative, matriach tone with her to get her to see why she cannot use her red, blue & green crayons to draw O's and I's on the doors of the kitchen cabinets. Everyday Popo tries to get her to obey her instructions to take her shower, stop jumping around on the bed, eat her porridge, cease throwing her toys on the floor and go to the potty when she needs to. She answers all and sundries with an earth-shattering, convicted "NO". No amount of cajoling, threatening, or incentivizing worked.

Popo is ready to surrender, I am out of my wits, YL is scheming even more ways to discipline her, but she is as cool as cucumber. Don't let these photos fool you - she is cute, but she is also a villian in disguise (she certainly did not get that from me...).

3 comments:

Mamapumpkin said...

Hee,hee...Welcome! to the TTs...if you love roller-coaster rides, you'll do good. *wink*

Our Sweetie Joshua & Matthew said...

I think we're experiencing this TTs as well.... even though Josh is only 17 months. Maybe he is a boy, I can't control him anymore. He is getting naughtier by day!! He knows his "time-out" spots so well that he'll just walk over there and sit for 10 secs when I said "time-out" (warning first before action).

3Fireflies said...

I *do* like roller-coaster rides...when I was a young care-free girl. Now I am an old woman, so I do not have the energy to sustain them until she grows out of that phase in, oh, another 20 more years? :)

Japan in Summer

By now, I have travelled to Japan 3 times, which puts it in the leading position on par with China as the country that I have visited the mo...