This is the last posting I'll make on this topic, because it's finally over!
Nope, I did not win the London Division Humourous Speech contest last night; I came in second. But the winner is a guy, and I am a gal. So that makes me the funniest woman in London :)
The best part is actually having half the room, if not more, many of whom are complete strangers, coming up to me, and effusively telling me what a great speech it was and how they enjoyed it. That almost makes up for not getting my hands on that trophy. At the risk of being labelled a sour grape, I thought that the winning speech had more laughs and the 5 judges' votes, but mine had more personality and the 80-odd audience' heart.
Aaa...this is a nice feather in the cap for my London TM career. Next up, Speech #10 and Competent Toastmaster!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Japan in Summer
By now, I have travelled to Japan 3 times, which puts it in the leading position on par with China as the country that I have visited the mo...
-
Here is the long-awaited sequel to the "Only in France" post: - When learning how to count in French, it is best to simply skip...
-
We moved into our very own apartment over 4 months ago, and since then it has been messy, messy, messy, then busy, busy, busy, then lazy, la...
-
After my irrefutable conclusion at the Tate Modern in London that modern art is cr*p , we decided to give it another go, and see if the Fre...
No comments:
Post a Comment