Monday, October 13, 2008

The Runner

Sophie the runner


We took part in a cancer charity run last weekend at the beach in East Coast. Having dragged ourselves out of bed at 6am on Sunday, we staggered to the venue with droopy eyes and protesting bodies to join hoardes of toned, lithe, wide-eyed and bushy-tailed runners who will complete the 10km run without breaking sweat. We wisely stuck to the 4km trot.

Sophie sat stoned in her stroller while YL & I huffed and puffed and pushed for more than an hour. I have now denegerated from an agile high-spirited Andes veteran to a HDB-dwelling, whining, panting aunty. My transformation is complete.

Anyways...

Sophie did get into the spirit of the event by volunteering to run (even though as part of a game to catch Mamma or Baba). She probably ran a total of 500m, which is not too shabby at all for a 3 year-old.

No comments:

Japan in Summer

By now, I have travelled to Japan 3 times, which puts it in the leading position on par with China as the country that I have visited the mo...