Sunday, March 13, 2011

So THIS is how it is supposed to be...

Today I decided to pay a visit to the maestro of macaroons, Pierre Herme. First, I must confess that I do not like macaroons. I find them too sweet, and has a rather repulsive plasticky aftertaste. But, you know, when in Rome...etc.

I dutifully went in search of the branch on the rue du Bonaparte in the 6th arrondissement. It was not difficult to spot because there was a short queue outside the shop, even under a light drizzle. At first glance, it looked like an exclusive jewellery shop because the storefront was done up in black, nothing like your typical patisserie.



After a 10-minute wait, here was what I ended up with:

Dessert bliss costs EUR 12.75

My verdict?

So, THIS is what all the fuss is about! THIS is how it is supposed to be! The skin was light and crispy; the fillings just the right level of sweet and flavour. It certainly cheered up my lonely drizzling Saturday night.

1 comment:

eileen said...

Mmm... My friend bought some back from Paris, and sent them to me from California. Yummy!

Japan in Summer

By now, I have travelled to Japan 3 times, which puts it in the leading position on par with China as the country that I have visited the mo...