Friday, April 14, 2006

Renewed enthusiasm

Alright, I’m writing this at Mel’s urging (by the way, you can visit her blog at http://melliebaby.blogspot.com/), who have been so kind as to compliment my writing style. ( Thank you, Mel!). I’m now super-motivated to pad up the blog with more ramblings!

Life in London has been busy so far. What? How can a full-time homemaker be busy, you say? Yes, Yoke Lim has been insinuating the same for many times now, so you are not alone in this thinking. If my husband, who sees me everyday and is more or less informed of my daily activities thinks that, then you are pardoned for thinking the same.

For starters, I’m the type who cannot bear to leave the baby wailing for long. So whenever Sophie’s up, I make a point to stay in the vicinity with her, even if I’m just repeatedly picking up the toys that she’s thrown to the ground from her baby highchair. (well, ok….so I do surf the internet/email at the same time, but hey, I’m *still in the vicinity*) So that leaves me with 4-5 hours of free time during the day when she takes her naps to do all the stuff that I’m supposed to do – bathe, have breakfast & lunch, wash her feeding apparatus, clean, iron, prepare dinner, etc. If you think about it, that’s not a lot of time, especially since I’m an amateur when it comes to cooking and therefore, takes hours to skin, cut, wash, cook, and generally put edible food on the table. (Erhem….notwithstanding I also take 30-45 minutes for my daily toilet…)

Plus, as an incurable planner/worrier from Ipoh, I have to organize my life and that of my husband’s, who, being born a man (and probably not from Ipoh), does nothing of that sort. “Remember to call the bank to change our mailing address”. “Remember to get some Euros on your way home from work”. “Remember to change your underwear tonight”. All tasks presented in a nice handy little Excel spreadsheet with checkboxes to tick off. Ok, so that last bit is not true, but I would have made up that spreadsheet if he would just let me.

I also undertake the task of planning and making arrangements for our trips. Rome was a little overwhelming to plan because there were so many places to see. Although we did not get to delve into as much details or spend as much time as we would have liked to, I think we covered the places reasonably well for a haggard couple with a baby in tow.

Yoke Lim says to stop complaining. In fact, he's standing over me looking at me type this blog and telling me "complain lah...complain lah...." as if daring me. Well, I *WILL*.....in another blog.....on another of my busy busy days at home with Sophie...

No comments:

Japan in Summer

By now, I have travelled to Japan 3 times, which puts it in the leading position on par with China as the country that I have visited the mo...