Opps! Not sure if any of you have yet to finish the 7th Harry Potter book. If yes, well, this is a mini spoiler then - it's a happy ending. Rest assured, though, that there's enough tragedy in it to continue the dark theme that it's been keeping.
It's also got the most non-stop action of all 7 books. I really could not put it down. Despite being extremely busy preparing for my Toastmasters speech, planning our year-end trip to Peru & the Inca Trail, etc etc, I HAD to steal precious minutes here and there to keep reading. Actually, I was a little hesistant to start in the beginning, because, well, what do I do after I'm done? (Did you know that people in the US were talking about setting up counselling hotlines to help children who cannot cope with the end of the Harry Potter saga?!!)
Anyways, I'm looking forward to re-reading all 7 books. Maybe have a marathon Harry Potter weekend. Yeah, fat chance, with Sophie going "Mamma, Mamma" every 2 seconds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Japan in Summer
By now, I have travelled to Japan 3 times, which puts it in the leading position on par with China as the country that I have visited the mo...
-
Here is the long-awaited sequel to the "Only in France" post: - When learning how to count in French, it is best to simply skip...
-
We moved into our very own apartment over 4 months ago, and since then it has been messy, messy, messy, then busy, busy, busy, then lazy, la...
-
After my irrefutable conclusion at the Tate Modern in London that modern art is cr*p , we decided to give it another go, and see if the Fre...
2 comments:
Hi Siau Yen. It's Eileen from San Francisco. Found your blog through Mel's :-)
Just wanted to admit that I didn't have time to read the last book of Harry Potter. So got summarized version of it off Wikipedia instead!
Sophie is very cute.
But you think terrible-2s are bad, wait till they are 4. They are like 2 but with a mouth.
Hi SY & Eileen,
Ha ha... I like Eileen's comment abt 4-yr olds.
Gals, just wanted to let u know that Heng Loon has been also following ur blogs closely from NY. But don't think she has a blogger ID so she doesn't leave comments.
SY, Heng Loon's impressed by your sense of adventure. Wow! the Inca Trail? Puts us all to shame!
Post a Comment