Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The rain in Spain falls mainly in the plains

After I hit the last note in Twinkle Twinkle Little Star during Sophie's bedtime one night, she turned around and said "Mamma, it's not "lil". Only Little Einsteins say that!", referring to the American accent spoken in the pre-school programme.

"It's li-TT-le, Mamma!"

Amused, embarrassed and proud.

Yes, I have been making tiny bits of effort to teach her the difference between American and British pronounciation. She knows it should be "war-Ter" and "dahnce" instead of "war-Ner" or "daynce". Now I'm proud to say that she even knows how to extrapolate it to other words.

Children are amazing.

2 comments:

kruy® said...

i am very impressed! :D

Mamapumpkin said...

They certainly are, aren't they!?! I truly love them!!!

Japan in Summer

By now, I have travelled to Japan 3 times, which puts it in the leading position on par with China as the country that I have visited the mo...