Monday, October 04, 2010

Paris London Lisbon

First impressions in the first 30 minutes of arrival, after a 2-year absence:

Paris - Renaults, Peugeots, and Citroens everywhere on the roads, like substitutes for the Protons and Peroduas on the Malaysian roads.

London - The familiar claustrophobic tunnels and stairways crisscrossing the Tube stations.

Lisbon - The damp, lush air, heavy with humidity yet sharp and crisp just characteristic of a temperate country.


I have been moving between the 3 cities, changing my clocks back and forth so often that I was momentarily lost during my last transit in Paris. My mind flits between thank you, merci, and obrigado. I unpacked my bags for the thirteenth time last night, before I finally succumbed to lethargy while writing my to-do list for the coming week (or was it a dream?).

Last leg before home...

2 comments:

Steven Lok said...

That's why they are paying you the big bucks mah... :) You take care ya!

3Fireflies said...

No bro...I'm the cheap labour, doing the dirty work...

Japan in Summer

By now, I have travelled to Japan 3 times, which puts it in the leading position on par with China as the country that I have visited the mo...