Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Resurrected in Singapore

Wow.  Two whole months without a single blog entry.  That is a record.

Needless to say, we've been up to no good, and that explains the lack of activity here.  Besides ticking off more places on our Europe wishlist, we've also attempted the mammoth logistics of moving from Paris back to Singapore.  (Bwwaaaahhhh....!!)  

I say attempt because I am still sorting out our whole Parisian life that was bundled into 35 boxes on a cold dreary Paris December morning, and have just arrived on a stifling hot & sunny Singapore afternoon yesterday.  The task looks daunting enough to make me bid goodbye to my illusions of enjoying two months - 8 weeks - of unproductive lazy days before I jump back into the rat race.  

Last week, we retrieved yet another similar number of boxes from storage in Singapore, and spent the entire week sneezing from the dust and sorting them out.  It is amazing how much stuff one accumulates.  We have had to find a new lease of life for some of the things, especially toys and the kids' clothes, many of which are still in good condition but have sadly outgrown their utility for us.  My new year resolution is to simply stop buying s-t-u-f-f.  Soph & Ju will just have to play with and read what they have now for the next 3 years.  On top of that, since our new rental apartment only has five pieces of furniture (including beds), we have accepted that we will be living with half of our personal effects in boxes for the coming year.  So you see, we are still pretty much nomads.  Sigh!...  

On a lighter note, I'll be back soon with more updates.  There's Greece, Lapland, the passport crisis, first impressions of this hotspot called Singapore - so much to share!  

A bientot! 



2 comments:

Teh Tarik or St Emilion? said...

Welcome back to the heat! I was just thinking about you the other day! Hope you're settling in nicely! Lots of love from Paris!

Lil said...

your are missed!!! so strange to think that next makan session email, i won't be cc'ing you on it...

hope soph and ju are settling back nicely and soph is liking her new school. looking forward to your upcoming posts! (2 months is nothing if you've seen how bad i was last year and keeping my blog updated...)

bonne annee!

Japan in Summer

By now, I have travelled to Japan 3 times, which puts it in the leading position on par with China as the country that I have visited the mo...