Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Santorini - Sunsets

Sunsets are a big deal in Santorini.  It is said that the sunsets are beautiful in every part of the islands, but everybody goes to Oia.  YL was not thrilled when he discovered that the very nice hotel that I booked in Imerovigli, a quiet part of the island, was not smack in the center of the action, the part always shown in postcards.  

Now we'll just have to come back again...damn... 

This is where he had in mind.  Oia village

First, it is a brilliant explosion of gold

Then a much more subdued warm glow

Then after all the action is over, it becomes a magical city on the slopes of an extinct half-sunken volcano.

Elsewhere....Sunset over Skaros rock, near Imerovigli village


Click on each picture to view the large version.

1 comment:

Lil said...

these are beaaaautiful sunset. i guess a hotel right where all the actions are would be priced like crazy!

Japan in Summer

By now, I have travelled to Japan 3 times, which puts it in the leading position on par with China as the country that I have visited the mo...