Tuesday, September 04, 2007

The big TWO




Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive"
...

I will survive,
As long as I know how to love,
I know I will stay alive,
I've got all my life to live,
I've got all my love to give,
And I'll survive
I will SURVIVE...!

We have survived TWO years (albeit with lots of help from Popo these last few months)! Just, oh, 19 more years to go... No problems at all...

We celebrated Sophie's SECOND birthday a few days earlier over the weekend with a very simple makan. The main focus here is the photos as proof that we did not skimp on marking her big day (will come in handy in our old age as emotional blackmail for more post-retirement pocket money from her...hehehehe). We sang her the birthday song and allowed her to blow out the candles though she was mostly rooted to the ground and kept gazing at the floor because of the number of Aunties and Uncles (7 in total) beaming happily at her.

5 comments:

kruy® said...

happy birthday Sophie!!

Our Sweetie Joshua & Matthew said...

Happy Birthday Sophie!! Can't believe she is 2 years old!!! And my little one is 18 months old now! Time flies....

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Sophie!
A big hug from Aunty E-Ya! ;)

Aunty Lydia

3Fireflies said...

Hey Lydia! Welcome to Blogger!

Mamapumpkin said...

Happy Birthday, Sophie!!! What a cute cake! Did you enjoy eating it?

Japan in Summer

By now, I have travelled to Japan 3 times, which puts it in the leading position on par with China as the country that I have visited the mo...