YL introduced me to Michael Palin soon after our move to London. Being in the land of the BBC, Palin's travel documentaries are shown at repeated at frequent intervals, and I thoroughly enjoyed following him on his adventures in exotic lands. I am so envious because he has the most colourful and charming encounters. Of course, being supported by the BBC and being rather famous helps. According to the Adventure Travel in the UK, trips to Peru tripled after his visit to Machu Picchu (part of his itinerary in Full Circle) was broadcasted in the UK . His series on the Himalaya always brings a smile to my face as it takes me back to my trip to that part of the world in 2004. While stressful, it also opened up my eyes to the sleeping tiger that is India, and gave me a new sense of respect and awe for the people of the country.
Anyways, back to Palin. He has an understated sense of humour, a sharp wit, a fatherly and friendly kind of charm, and his commentaries are intelligent without being overbearingly so. You can't help but love him. (Hmmm....I probably shouldn't be gushing so much about another man - albeit a 64-year old one - in public. Damage control: YL, you're still my No. 1!) His new series of travel documentary, this time on Eastern Europe, is out, and I'm sending my No. 1 to him with 5 ready-to-be-autographed books and an assistant (thank you, Aunty Aileen!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Japan in Summer
By now, I have travelled to Japan 3 times, which puts it in the leading position on par with China as the country that I have visited the mo...
-
Here is the long-awaited sequel to the "Only in France" post: - When learning how to count in French, it is best to simply skip...
-
We moved into our very own apartment over 4 months ago, and since then it has been messy, messy, messy, then busy, busy, busy, then lazy, la...
-
After my irrefutable conclusion at the Tate Modern in London that modern art is cr*p , we decided to give it another go, and see if the Fre...
No comments:
Post a Comment